If clothes make the man, games make the casino. There is no reason to overlook the backbone of an iGaming project, its software platform, but the games are what players primarily consider when choosing a casino.
Undoubtedly, a broader game content range will appeal to more players, but the selection of games should not be based solely on the number of iGaming software providers you are partnering with. Operators invest considerable resources in their gaming portfolio and game provider line-up, so those investments should be worthwhile.
Today, hundreds of casino game studios offer various games: from traditional titles like video slots, poker, roulette, and bingo to live dealer games and virtual sports. Game titles compete in maths, graphics, themes, player experience, and in-game promo instruments.
Here is the cheat sheet with the best game providers that you need to know in 2024.
What Are the Best Games for Your Casino?
There are two categories of online games: live dealer (with live streaming and in-person gambling options) and RNG games.
Live dealer games are essentially the equivalent of a land-based casino in the online space. Cameras broadcast the croupier and the game table via an online stream. The dealer and other players can communicate via chat or an in-game interface, so this is a game that will appeal to those looking for social interaction.
Classic online or RNG-based games have less room for community building but are less tied to schedules. The player chooses the time, the game, the location, and the stake. These games feature high-quality graphics and storylines.
A casino that is interested in acquiring and retaining new players (which is the ultimate goal of any operator) needs to expand its range of games. Even more than offering something unique, it’s about covering player preferences. It will allow players to continuously add new and exciting elements to their casino experience without sacrificing their favourite games.
Casino Games Portfolio Checklist for 2024: What Games Are in Demand?
- Slots come to mind immediately, and rightfully so. One of the most popular games in both online and land-based casino venues, they are inextricably linked with gambling. Video, fruit, 3-, 5-, and 7-reel machines, 3D graphics – the variety is off the charts, and there is a slot to everyone’s tastes out there.
- Although live dealer games are not as common among game providers, there is a segment of the audience that misses the atmosphere of real casinos and appreciates the social aspect. Relevant, high-quality content will help retain this section of players. There are several titans (such as Evolution) who are producing iconic live dealer content that is worth including in a casino portfolio.
- Table games (video poker, roulette, blackjack, baccarat) come in third place. There is a strong and steady audience for these games.
- In contrast to the classic casino games above, casual games (Plinko, Scratch Dice by BGaming) have a straightforward story, vivid graphics, and a minimum of text. These games are growing in ubiquity with younger players, helping to diversify content and engage multiple audience segments.
- Fishing games are a relatively recent type of RNG-based catch-the-fish-type game. Usually, such games are marked either by highly realistic (with true-to-life boats and gear) or more casual graphics. If the operator plans to conquer the Asian and Latin American markets, fishing games are essential.
- Jackpot games are designed to enhance any type of game – whether slots or casual – and fuel the audience’s interest with promotions, activations and bonuses.Jackpots can be an integral part of games, such as a built-in jackpot win mechanic. Sometimes, they can be set up outside of a single game and encompass multiple game titles or even providers. iGaming brands can organise such promotions if they are available or using the Jackpot Aggregator. Operators can use the tool to test both local and global jackpot campaigns to maximise reach and engagement rates.
- The crash games genre is another popular type of content in Latin America. A relatively new type of game is rapidly gaining traction in the market and in the hearts of players.
Keeping track of gaming content that resonates with players can be a challenge.
Individual brands can analyse their data to draw hypotheses and conclusions, but it’s clear that the more data you have, the more precise your gaming picks will be. And that is one of the many things that game providers and aggregators do: they analyse tons of data to be able to advise their operators.
Choosing the Right Online Casino Games Provider
There are profoundly fundamental questions game operators seek answers to. Which game vendors to choose for a casino is one such question.
What factors should you take into account when deciding upon a game provider?
- Cooperation conditions. One of the most obvious points, but still worth mentioning. Make sure to check the provider’s game range, licensing, currency, and payment options. Technical support is also an important point: a quality support team on the provider’s side can potentially save the operator considerable resources and avoid financial loss.
- Integration. One-time API integration would be the most preferable and effective option. Successful and swift integration depends on the provider team being open and cooperative, so pay attention to casino gaming vendors that assist with integration and provide the necessary documentation or look into game aggregator services to get multiple providers at once.
- Provider reputation. In a highly competitive environment like iGaming, it’s not enough to provide just a product (read ‘games’) – service is just as important. Finding a reasonable balance between rising and established stars will work to your advantage.
- Regulation and licensing. The two most common iGaming licences are Curacao and Malta, which cover more than one country. Make sure the game providers you want are available for the markets you want to target. The presence of RNG-certified content slot game developers in your portfolio can also serve as a good indicator for fair play.
- Player interests. There are global and regional trends when it comes to player interests. Casino game portfolios need to cater to the interests of their players Africans, for example, enjoy lotteries and scratch card games, while Brazilians love sports and jogo de bicho. By choosing the right content for their casino and promoting it properly, the operator is guaranteed to maximise profit.
Check the list of the most popular and innovative game providers that are in demand in the iGaming market in 2024.
Top Online Casino Game Providers in 2024, According to the SOFTSWISS Game Aggregator
Year founded: 2015
Gaming portfolio: 580+
In the iGaming world, Pragmatic Play hardly needs an intro – it is a name known to all, be it operators or players. Their high-quality, localised games have carved out a significant niche in the content creation market.
2023 saw the Pragmatic Play team not only expanding their traditional portfolio but also refreshing beloved titles like Mega Sic Bo. Alongside this, they are making strides in new markets, notably in Latin America. For online casino operators with interests in this region, Pragmatic Play’s expertise and understanding of local players can be invaluable.
Top Pragmatic Play games:
- Gates of Olympus
- Sweet Bonanza
- Sugar Rush
- Big Bass Bonanza
- Big Bass Splash
- Fruit Party
- The Dog House
- Starlight Princess
- The Dog House Megaways
- Sweet Bonanza Xmas
Year founded: 2006
Gaming portfolio: 500+
Within the Game Aggregator’s portfolio, Evolution stands out as the second giant per Bet Sum and the most famous provider of live video content, with a remarkable 18 years of experience under its belt. In 2023, Evolution made headway by updating its portfolio with over 100 new items and expanding its footprint in the US market.
The company has earned immense trust from its audience thanks to the high-quality live dealer games it offers. Professional staff, flawless broadcasting quality, and regular updates keep the experience fresh and engaging, mimicking the atmosphere of the finest offline casinos.
Top Evolution games:
- Crazy Time
- Lightning Roulette
- XXXtreme Lightning Roulette
- Immersive Roulette
- Roleta Relampago
- Ruleta en Vivo
- Diamond VIP Live Blackjack
- Platinum VIP Live Blackjack
- Auto Roulette
Year founded: 2018
Gaming portfolio: 110+
As a relative newcomer in the iGaming industry, BGaming has already made a name for itself as a top online casino provider, delivering quality content and innovative approaches in slots, casual, and table games. The brand grabs attention with its artistic take on everything, from detailed character designs to transparent maths models, ensuring uninterrupted fun. Committed to the Provably Fair approach and 100% transparency, BGaming keeps players’ trust at the forefront.
In 2023, BGaming has really set itself apart from the competition. It’s not only developed and launched 2 AI-designed games but also actively adapted its current games to better align with local player interests. What is more, the company ventured into streaming and struck gold, attracting 16 million players monthly, a staggering achievement.
BGaming is a top choice for all operators who value effective and customised casino content that supports high performance across different regions.
Top BGaming games:
- Bonanza Billion
- Aztec Magic Bonanza
- Elvis Frog in Vegas
- Wild Cash x9990
- Fruit Million
- Burning Chilli X
- Elvis Frog TRUEWAYS
- Lady Wolf Moon MEGAWAYS
- Wild Cash
- Gold Rush – Johnny Cash
Amusnet (formerly EGT)
Year founded: 2002
Gaming portfolio: 260+
Probably everyone in iGaming knows about the legendary Ocean Rush and Circus Brilliant. These are the slots created by the Bulgarian provider Amusnet, which moved online from the land-based operation. With over 20 years on the market, Amusnet has achieved considerable heights in creating live games, table titles, and slots.
The portfolio comes with a range of additional features designed to enhance player engagement, including free spins, engaging mini-games, bonus buy options, Megaways, and more. What’s even more commendable is the team’s dedication to responsible gambling.
In the past year, Amusnet has proved its strong reputation in the industry: the team won multiple industry awards, including the Positive Impact Campaign of the Year and Online Streaming Studio of the Year at the BEGE Awards, the Gold Award for Casino Content Supplier at the EGR Italy Awards 2023. These accolades solidify the studio’s standing and make it an irresistible choice for operators and their discerning players.
Top Amusnet (EGT) games:
- Shining Crown
- Burning Hot
- 100 Super Hot
- Supreme Hot
- 100 Burning Hot
- Ultimate Hot
- 20 Super Hot
- 40 Burning Hot
- 40 Super Hot
- Flaming Hot Extreme
Year founded: 2021
Gaming portfolio: 100+
1spin4win is a fresh addition to the top tier of iGaming. In a market where everyone strives to introduce innovations, this brand has garnered player endearment for its timeless classic slots. With monthly updates that excel both visually and in technical aspects (like device compatibility and stability), these games also incorporate various promotional tools, such as Cash Drops, to nurture brand loyalty and foster a varied gaming environment.
The past year was a year of growth for the 1spin4win team in all directions. They have hit the milestone of 100 games in their portfolio, with the 100th game being ‘Golden Joker 100 Hold and Win’. Notably, the studio has undergone a redesign, presenting a new dynamic Art Deco style that elegantly blends classic and modern elements, supporting the mission of the team.
Top 1spin4win games:
- Booming Fruits 243
- Mega Booming Fruits
- Mega Lucky 100
- Cash’n Fruits 100 Hold & Win
- Lucky 432 Ways
- Mega Lucky 243
- Mega Lucky 576
- Hot Coins & Fruits 243
- Hold the Gold
- Golden Joker 100
Year founded: 1997
Gaming portfolio: 300+
A provider of casino software, Play’n GO began operating in Sweden in 1997. The provider, accredited by, but not limited to, the Malta Gambling Authority (MGA), is currently focused on developing high-end, aesthetically appealing table games, slots and multiplayer games with distinct graphics.
The team is now firmly establishing itself as a giant in the entertainment industry, and data proves the point. In 2023, the team reported an impressive 250 million game rounds played across their games within one day, which is a clear testament to their immense popularity among players.
However, the team’s vision broadens beyond game production. They are venturing further into the realm of entertainment by introducing a new product, Play’n GO Music. This initiative aims to promote the company’s games and enhance the player experience by collaborating with artists to create memorable game soundtracks. It’s this meticulous attention to detail that has allowed the company to maintain its position at the pinnacle of the market for almost three decades.
Top Play’n GO games:
- Rich Wilde and the Tome of Madness
- Book of Dead
- Legacy of Dead
- Rise of Olympus 100
- Moon Princess 100
- Fire Joker
- Rise of Merlin
- Rise of Olympus
✓ regulation landscape
✓ payment processing updates
✓ tech innovations
Year founded: 2010
Gaming portfolio: 40+
Push Gaming’s motto is ‘Players first’. For more than ten years, the London-based team of iGaming pros have conveyed a flexible approach, fair play, and graphics on the verge of art.
Over the past year, the team has been actively strengthening their position in various markets. Through strategic collaborations, they have successfully expanded their presence in Romania and the Netherlands and have debuted in the Greek, Colombian, and Swiss markets.
While their portfolio may not be extensive, each game within it is diligently developed with a special focus on visuals, mechanics, and customised features. Notably, it includes features like Push Bet, which enhances the chances of triggering bonuses, and Push Up, which activates new rows for potential big wins. The latter has proven its worth in one of the latest promising releases, the DJ Fox slot.
Push Gaming is regulated by the Malta Gambling Authority (MGA) and holds national certificates for the UK, Romania, Greece, Ontario, and Sweden.
Top Push Gaming games:
- Retro Tapes
- Big Bamboo
- Razor Returns
- Razor Shark
- Fire Hopper
- Jammin’ Jars
- Fat Banker
- Jammin’ Jars 2
- Mystery Museum
Year founded: 1993
Gaming portfolio: 190+
Amatic started out as a land-based casino equipment manufacturer but has since become one of the major leaders in online gambling through its Amanet division. Remaining true to the classic casino ambience, the team has been adeptly recreating timeless stories and graphics in their portfolio for over three decades.
What sets the company apart is its unparalleled expertise and reputation in the market. They actively participate in major industry events and stay attuned to player preferences. Moreover, the company boasts a comprehensive range of key licences and certifications, including those from MGA, UK, Colombia, Sweden, Spain, and more, effectively covering the most promising gambling markets in 2024.
Top Amatic games:
- Hot Fruits 100
- Always Hot Fruits
- Hot Fruits 20
- Lucky Joker 10
- Lucky Joker 100
- Book Of Aztec
- Lady Pin-Ups 100
- Hottest Fruits 20
- Hot Fruits 27
- Hot Fruits 40
Year founded: 1999
Gaming portfolio: 600+
Playtech, a savvy player in the industry, procured market recognition for its poker offerings, but the team didn’t stop there. Today, players worldwide enjoy the manufacturer’s diverse array of slots, live titles, and table games.
The team places special emphasis on responsible and safe gambling, holding certifications from both the MGA and the UK Gambling Commission. When it comes to their portfolio, it’s tailor-made for all platforms, boasting quality graphics and a player-centric approach in the finest tradition.
Beyond that, the company’s input also benefits the offline gambling sector, where the team produces multiple software products, including video lottery terminals, cabinets, tablets, and more. With their extensive expertise within all facets of gambling, Playtech is a valuable asset to any online casino.
Top Playtech games:
- Roleta Brasileira
- Mega Fire Blaze Roulette
- Roulette Lounge
- Live Adventures Beyond Wonderland
- American Roulette
- Hit Bar Gold
- Queen of the Pyramids: Mega Cash Collect Slot
- Buffalo Blitz
- Live Football Roulette
- Xiang Long Roulette
Year founded: 2013
Gaming portfolio: 180+
Sweden was a starting point for several renowned iGaming brands, and Nolimit City is a bright example. With 10+ years of experience in the iGaming market, the studio has created an exceptional portfolio of slots that have gained player recognition worldwide.
Nolimit City’s popularity can be laid to account for its unorthodox approach to game development. Their titles boast recognisable graphics of exceptional quality, covering many themes, from beloved Egyptian motifs to fruit themes, and even leaning into horror film elements and themes.
A significant milestone for the company was its acquisition by Evolution, marking another strategic step towards greater market expansion and development.
On the licensing front, Nolimit City holds certifications from the Isle of Man, MGA, UK, Ontario, Sweden, and Romania. This comprehensive coverage ensures that operators can rest assured knowing that the content is fully transparent and legally presented within the market.
Top Nolimit City games:
- Fire In The Hole xBomb
- San Quentin
- Tombstone R.I.P.
- Nine To Five
- xWays Hoarder xSplit
- Das xBoot
- Road Rage
- Dead Canary
- Folsom Prison
Those are the top 10 online casino software providers in the game content niche covered, but the list of worthy and promising partners is much wider. Signing separate contracts with each gaming provider is a possible but expensive option. Each partner has their own set of terms, and the period it takes to negotiate and match the agreements greatly prolongs the time to market.
Game Aggregation As a Solution
One hub with thousands of games is the optimal cost-effective solution since the operator no longer has to constantly monitor the market and search for new gaming gems. This is what the SOFTSWISS Game Aggregator provides.
The Game Aggregator is a single hub offering a treasure trove of the latest iGaming content. With a single API integration, operators have the ability to connect 200+ providers with 16,500+ games at once.
SOFTSWISS also takes care of all technical support, working 24/7. The Game Aggregator’s average first response time to a request is 1 hour, with a complete resolution of up to 15 hours.
All You Need is One Integration
The top games and gaming providers we have covered are a great content force for any iGaming brand, regardless of its size, niches, or target markets. Developing your online gambling brand without these big names in the lineup can be pretty challenging.
Relying on the Game Aggregator allows operators to integrate the most demanding providers quickly, expertly navigating through the avalanche of iGaming content they produce. The Game Aggregator team is ready to assist with picking the most suitable casino vendors from 200+ game studios based on your audience’s interests, target GEOs, and other key business variables.