Launching an online casino means becoming part of the huge industry named iGaming. This global gaming community brings together casino operators, bookmakers, software providers and game developers, jurisdictional and financial authorities, marketers, influencers and players from all over the world.
All these people speak different languages but regularly exchange experience to keep the wheels of online gambling turning. This is why iGaming events are as relevant as ever, even in the face of COVID-19 restrictions.
Here is our line-up of the best iGaming conferences, exhibitions, and trade shows that you ought to attend along with tips on how to prepare for them.
Types of iGaming events
Casino and sports betting conferences serve as a directory of useful contacts among the land-based and online betting worlds. There are several types of iGaming events, and while they all sharethe same purpose – networking – the specifics vary.
- Event scale: international and regional. The audience for international gambling events can be quite large. Large-scale trade events often receive significant media attention and include such prominent conferences and exhibitions like ICE, SiGMA and so on.Events held at regional levels usually focus on promoting a local gambling market, serve as a forum for regulatory discussions, and for the discovery of nuances of iGaming operations in a particular country. For example, when the market of Ukraine became regulated, the 2021 Ukrainian Gaming Week held a conference to address licensing procedures and guidelines.While global events are useful for international networking and knowledge sharing, regional events are most often valuable for targeted research and market penetration.
- Event format: workshops, exhibitions (conferences). During exhibitions, the main purpose is to stand out and make a bold statement about your company. iGaming brands use a variety of tools to accomplish the goal: in addition to comprehensive delivering speeches and presentations, teams develop unique stands, entertainment areas, and activation zones. Conferences are also valuable because they bring together iGaming brands from both the B2B and B2C worlds.Workshopsare mostly similar to exhibitions but are more practice-oriented with applied case studies and examples. To make their expertise more noticeable to competitors, casino operators, bookmakers and other gambling experts leverage their industry experience and highlight specific industry trends. For example, ICE 365, GLI iGaming Workshops, Gambling Compliance Workshops.
- Event focus: regulatory issues, operations, affiliate marketing, payment processing. This category is the most flexible since all the topics depend on market needs and the iGaming industry at large. Each group of events is dedicated to a certain aspect of online gambling and purposefully reveals strategies for better audience acquisition, licensing and effective cooperation with regulators, improved payment processing and other operational areas.If we turn to payments, сryptocurrencies have become an integral part of the online gambling industry, increasing the number of gambling options available to players. As a pioneer in online crypto gambling, SOFTSWISS will participate in a number of events in 2022 related to digital currencies, including– Crypto Expo 2022 Dubai (16-17 March, Dubai
– International Financial Expo or iFX (22-24 February, Dubai)
– Blockchain Life 2022 (20-21 April, Moscow)Regulatory, operations, affiliate marketing, or payments related iGaming events zoom in n a particular topic or vertical. These provide deep insight into one particular sphere of iGaming and are more tailored to those looking to delve into a topic on a more granular level.
Top 6 iGaming events in 2022
Here is a list of some of the most popular iGaming events which would be worthwhile for exhibitors and visitors alike.
Date: 12-14 April, 2022
Event type: exhibition
SOFTSWISS attending: yesICE continues to be one of the most comprehensive and visited iGaming conferences, covering both land-based and online casinos, offering a great variety of seminars with the most relevant industry news, and gathering all the major market players on one floor.In summary, ICE draws online casino, sports betting, lotteries and land-based casinos representatives from over 115 countries, so attendance is a must. This is not the first year the SOFTSWISS team joins ICE to meet our partners offline, build new quality business relationships and dive into the latest industry innovations and trends.
iGB Affiliate London
Date: 13-14 April, 2022
Event type: exhibition
SOFTSWISS attending: yesAs the conference overlaps with ICE on dates and takes place at the same venue (ExCel London), it is an ideal opportunity to uncover affiliate marketing trends and showcase your brand to affiliate partners – the key people in online casino promotion. The success of an iGaming affiliate program is dependent on brand reputation and personal interaction with affiliates, which is why networking at iGB Affiliate London is a perfect way to establish fruitful connections.The event is fully hybrid, available for offline and online attendance. Online attendance is just as high-impact as offline options (participants can arrange calls with representatives from different departments, access expert presentations, and engage in live chats).
iGB Live! Amsterdam
Date: 5-8 July, 2022
Event type: conference
SOFTSWISS attending: yesiGB Live! is a well-known gambling trade show featuring activities devoted to payment processing, player acquisition, regulatory issues, sports betting, and affiliate marketing. The conference brings together thousands of iGaming experts who will share tips and strategies for breaking into new markets, obtaining licences, and building robust affiliate programs.The motto of iGB Live! is ‘Connecting iGaming with innovation’, and SOFTSWISS, with its central value of innovation, simply cannot miss out.
Date: 6-10 June, 2022
Event type: conference
SOFTSWISS attending: yesIt’s no misnomer to call SiGMA one of the world’s most popular iGaming conferences. It is a truly international event – a treasure trove of new products and contacts (a large proportion of participants are C-level or decision-makers).In 2022, the global event takes on new dimensions with the introduction of new potential online gambling markets (betting on individual games is now legal in Canada). All skilful operators face a challenge to reach new audiences and develop a foothold as soon as a newly regulated market establishes. SiGMA is an excellent option for those who have no plans to stop and wish to scale their online casino or betting business in 2022.
Date: 14-18 November, 2022
Event type: conference
SOFTSWISS attending: yesIf Malta is, without a doubt, the heart of the European and American online gambling industry, then SiGMA stands at its pinnacle. This 5-day ecosystem combines all things business, entrepreneurship, and iGaming. Most participants consist of online gaming operators, SaaS providers, and affiliates; the exhibition is not short on industry leaders as well.In addition to market leaders, SiGMA benefits those just dipping their toes into the iGaming world. Malta’s SiGMA hosts a pitch event where 10 budding iGaming brands will compete for mentoring opportunities from industry titans, media, and more.
Date: 23-25 March, 2022
Event type: exhibition
SOFTSWISS attending: yesSPiCE is India’s largest iGaming event, aiming to introduce visitors to the specifics of the Indian market and share the experience of breaking into it.The SPiCE conference commences with networking and a presentation on iGaming marketing in India, affiliate promotion mostly. The second day investigates iGaming trends in India (spoiler alert: fantasy sports are featured), gambling legalities, as well as jurisdictional specifics. A global overview of online gambling in South Asia concludes the exhibition.
What to do at iGaming events
Annual iGaming conferences and exhibitions are significant industry events that cannot be missed or overlooked. A day feeds a year. Reaching event attendance goals requires proactive preparation. What might these goals be?
- Lead generation
- Client loyalty maintainance
- Networking with potential partners
- Seeking investment and mentoring opportunities
- Uncovering new business opportunities
What is the best way to prepare for an iGaming conference?
- Establish an event calendar. In the midst of a highly competitive environment, marketing is an investment in ensuring long-term brand viability. Take this into consideration while developing your calendar. Consider your business strategy and fill the calendar with events relevant to your current business goals (to acquire new audiences, boost brand awareness, practise new market entry strategies, etc.).
- Determine the format for participation in each exhibition. Exhibiting everywhere with a huge stand and a 100-person delegation is not necessary. A simple presence or having several representatives with brand merchandise will be perfectly enough for some events to check the trends and meet partners. Book the place and format of participation in advance, work out the logistics, and prepare all the necessary marketing assets (stands, presentations, business cards, etc.)
- Determine the purpose. This point is related to the previous one, but it is reasonable to highlight it separately: clearly define the purpose of the trip and explain the motivation to other participants. The purpose may be to meet specific partners offline, gather industry experience, find as many contacts as possible, or attend specific workshops. Having everyone focused on incentives will ensure the team works to their full potential without being distracted by unnecessary activities.
- Prepare delegate calendars. Before the event, every team member should have a clear understanding of their role in the upcoming event to avoid mishaps. Several team members can meet potential clients, while others attend workshops, acquiring experience they will pass on to their colleagues. Schedule meetings and workshops in advance on a calendar to reduce confusion.
The preparations are clear, but what about the event itself? How can operators maximise these few days? In short, now is the time to put introversion on the back burner and network. Meet some more detailed tips shared by the SOFTSWISS team below.
How to improve your casino or betting on sports conference presence?
- Meet game developers, software and payment system providers. An iGaming conference is a great place to find dependable IT partners, so take advantage and reinforce your brand with enhanced payment processing, software service and direct contact with gaming content providers.
- Find out what’s new in the iGaming world: mobile casino, Bitcoin gambling, innovative game design, etc. Meet representatives of different gaming jurisdictions, learn about the latest iGaming initiatives, and discover the peculiarities.
- Dive into marketing. In the world of iGaming marketing, there is always room for improvement and revision. Check out new trends in marketing and advertising, and determine which type of promotion could work best for your online casino. Be sure not to underrate affiliate marketing opportunities and sign new partners.
- Join seminars and panels. The experience of attending seminars and interacting with the best iGaming experts is invaluable. Pick a relevant topic and generously share your knowledge.
- Be a networker! The more people you know, the better your business does. Do not ignore the parties after the exhibition’s official opening hours. In general, the atmosphere at such events tends to be friendly, so you can find yourself talking with C-level executives quite at ease.
We are exhibiting: let’s meet
The SOFTSWISS team is never far from the action and will present its product portfolio to iGaming this year as well. Check the list and catch up!
|SPiCE INDIA||GOA, India||23-25 March||Book a meeting|
|ICE London 2022||London, UK||12-14 April||Book a meeting|
|iGB Affiliate London 2022||London, UK||13-14 April||Book a meeting|
|KINZA 360||Moscow, Russia||26 April||Book a meeting|
|iGB Live! 2022||Amsterdam, Netherlands||5-8 July||Book a meeting|
|SiGMA Americas||Toronto, Canada||17-20 July||Book a meeting|
|SiGMA Europe||Malta||14-18 November||Book a meeting|
|AIBC 2022||Macao||24-26 February||Book a meeting|
|World Blockchain Summit||Poland||7-8 April||Book a meeting|
|Blockchain Life 2022||Moscow, Russia||20-21 April||Book a meeting|
|CROSSTECH EMEA 2022||Istanbul, Turkey||10-12 May||Book a meeting|
|Blockchain & Bitcoin Conference Kyiv 2022||Kyiv, Ukraine||17 May||Book a meeting|
Meet 2022 head-on
2021 imposed some restrictions on industry events, with ICE London cancelled outright, but 2022 is back in full swing. Choose suitable events, invest in decent company and team representation and participate in global conferences. The efforts won’t wait for results, and upon return, the team will be equipped not only with suitcases but also with a ton of new information to digest, leads to process, and business ideas to implement.