Jacks or Better is one of the earliest video poker game variations. It is based on a 5 card draw poker and follows the conventional rules of poker combinations.
Jacks or Better is one of the earliest video poker game variations first introduced in the 1980s in land-based casinos. It is based on a 5 card draw poker and follows the conventional rules of poker combinations. When in the game you are offered the option of selecting the number of hands to play, the amount of your bet and get a favorable edge against the house.
Jacks or Better is a classical video poker game. Once a player has placed a bet of 1 or more coins, they are dealt 5 cards. The player then chooses which of the 5 cards they want to hold and which to discard. The discarded cards are replaced with new ones from the deck.
The objective of the game for the Player is to get the best-paying winning hand listed in the payout table – at least a Pair of Jacks.
The number of decks used is the same as the number of hands (or lines) in the game. A standard 52-card deck is used. Cards are shuffled after each game.
- Choose the number of hands to bet on, by clicking the + and – buttons on either side of the Lines field. You can click MAX LINES to choose 100 lines.
- The value of 1 coin is displayed in the Coin Value field. You can change the coin value by clicking the + and – buttons on either side of the Coin Value field.
- Choose the number of coins to play by clicking the + and – buttons on either side of the Coins field or with the BET ONE button. Each time you click BET ONE, your bet is increased by 1 coin. If you play the 1-line variation, the column of the pay table that corresponds to the chosen number of coins is highlighted. If you play 5 to 100 lines, the number of coins selected and the corresponding payouts are displayed in the dynamic paytable on the left of the hands.
- The total bet value is shown in the Total Bet field and is equal to: (Coin Value) x (Number of coins bet) x (Number of lines bet)
- Click DEAL to get 5 cards.
- To place the maximum bet of 5 coins, use the BET MAX button. Dealing will be immediate.
- Choose cards that you want to keep, or hold (if there are any). Cards are held by clicking on them. Held cards are used in all the hands (lines) being played. Once clicked, a HOLD marker appears over the card. A second click will remove this marker.
Note: Cards that form any winning combination listed in the paytable are held automatically.
- Click DRAW to replace the cards you don’t want to hold. Once replaced, the cards are checked for any winning hand listed in the pay table.
- Your winning amount is displayed in the Win field. Your winnings are equal to the chosen coin value multiplied by the hand payout from the paytable. If several winning hands are formed, their winnings are totalled.
- When playing with multiple hands, click the PAYTABLE button to view the full paytable for all 5 coins.
Doubling Bonus Round
If you have a winning poker hand, you can increase your winnings by participating in the doubling bonus round. The objective of the doubling bonus round is to draw a card of higher value than the Dealer’s.
- Click the Double button to use your previous hand’s winning amount as your bet.
- Click the Double Half button to bet half of your winning amount. The remaining winnings will be added to the Players balance.
The Dealer draws a face-up card and the Player is dealt 4 face-down cards. Choose one of the 4 face-down cards by clicking on it.
a) If you draw a card of higher value than the Dealer’s, your winning amount is doubled and you can choose either to double again or to collect your winnings. If you draw a card ofequal value to the Dealer’s, your winning amount remains the same but you can choose either to double again or to collect your winnings.
b) If you choose a card of lower value than the Dealer’s, you lose your original bet and the playoff round is over.
|Royal Flush||This is the highest hand that includes Ace, King, Queen, Jack and Ten. The cards should be from the same suit.||A♣ K♣ Q♣ J♣ 10♣|
|Straight Flush||Five cards in sequence, all of the same suit.||5♦ 4♦ 3♦ 2♦ A♦|
|Four of a Kind||Four cards of the same rank, one in each suit.||10♣ 10♦ 10♥ 10♠ 5♦|
|Full House||Three cards of one rank and two cards of another rank.||K♠ K♣ K♥ 3♦ 3♠|
|Flush||Five cards, all of the same suit.||A♥ Q♥ 10♥ 5♥ 3♥|
|Straight||Five cards in sequence of any suit.||A♥ K♣ Q♥ J♥ 10♠|
|Three of a Kind||Three cards of the same rank and two unmatched cards.||2♦ 2♠ 2♥ K♠ 6♠|
|Two Pair||Two sets of two cards of the same rank and any fifth card.||J♦ J♠ 5♥ 5♠ 6♠|
|Jacks or Better||A pair of Jacks, Queens, Kings or Aces.||J♦ J♠ 2♥ K♠ 6♠|
Malfunction voids all plays and winnings!