Baccarat is a game that is especially popular with Asian high-rollers. Originated from Italy the game is also known in its major variations: Punto Banco, Chemin de Fer and Banque.
Baccarat is a variation of a card game widely played in casinos the world over and is especially popular in Asia. It is believed to originate from Italy and dates back to 1200. There are different variations of the game known as Punto Banco, Chemin de Fer and Baccarat Banque depending on the countries where they are played.
The objective of Baccarat game is to hold a hand that is as close as possible to 9 and is higher than the hand of a banker. A player has got only 2 cards in possession and in some cases it can be three cards. It is very simple to count the total.
Baccarat is played with a deck of 52 cards and a shoe of six decks. Every time the game is over, the cards are shuffled.
In the game of Baccarat the following card evaluation is used: an Ace is worth 1; King, Queen, Jack and 10 are all treated as 10; cards with numbers from 2 to 9 are counted with their face values.
It is very easy to count the total value of the hand as it is merely the sum of all the cards in it. However, there is an elegant feature that only the last digit of the sum is used and the “tens” digit is dropped. That is why in the game you get the hand that ranges from 0 to 9. For instance, you’ve got 5 + 7 = 12 which means 2. In case it is a 7 + 3 = 10 in this case it is 0, which means Baccarat. Provided that in the first round your hand’s total is 8 or 9, this is a win.
|Select a chip||Click the required chip at the left-hand side of the table, at the bottom|
|Place your bet||Click the betting field of your choice|
|Increase your bet||Every time you click on the betting field, one more chip is added your stack value|
|Remove your bet||In order to remove the bet, click the betting field while CTRL is held
Next, choose the X-chip option and CLICK on the betting field
Simply DRAG it and DROP
|Remove all the bets placed||Use CLEAR control|
|Play AGAIN||Click the NEW GAME button to clear the table when you want to start a new game|
|Repeat your bet||Rebet is used when you want to begin dealing with the same stakes that you placed in the last round|
Min/Max refers to the limits – maximum and minimum – that can be placed on the betting fields.
The game begins with placing a bet. Place your bet on the banker’s hand to win and/or on the player’s hand to win and/or on a tie result. Thus, bets can be placed on Banker, Player and Tie betting areas.
Click DEAL. You and the banker are both dealt two cards. If necessary, a third card is dealt to the player and banker or both (see Third Card Rule).
After you click DEAL both you and the banker receive two cards each. According to the Third Card Rule both can draw the third card as well.
Third Card Rule
This rule has got a bit different reference to the Player and the Banker. There are certain terms when either of the two can draw a third card and in case of the Player, the rules are pretty simple.
• In case you get your two first cards with a total from 0 to 5, you are allowed to draw a third card. If the total of your hand is worth 6 or 7, then you stand.
Provided that the Player stands, the banker follows the same rule as well. However, if the Player uses the third card, the following rules should be adhered to by the Banker:
• Provided that the Player draws the third card that is worth 2 or 3, and the Banker got 0-4 in the first round, then he draws the third card. If the Banker got cards valued 5-7, he stands.
• In case the Player got the cards worth 4 or 5, the Banker is allowed to draw the third card only if he got 0-5. If in the first round the Banker got 6 or 7, he stands.
• When the Player’s third card is 6 or 7, and the Banker got 0-6, the latter is allowed to draw the third card. If it is 7, he then stands with a 7.
• When the Player’s third card an 8, and the Banker got 0-2, the latter is allowed to draw the third card. If it is a card from 3 to 7, he then stands with his cards.
• If the Player’s third card is an Ace or 9, 10 or any face card, and the Banker got 0-3, the latter is allowed to draw the third card. If it is a 4-7, he then stands with his cards.
• In case either the Player or the Banker got 8 or 9, then their hand is considered “Natural” both should stand.
The bet pays at the rate of 1 to 1, provided that you bet on the Player and he wins. In case you put a bet on the Banker and he wins, the rate is the same with the difference that you get 5% less. This percentage is the casino commission.
Tie result means that both the Player’s and the Banker’s hands have got the same totals. In this case the bet is returned at the rate of 8 to 1. Provided that Tie happens and there are non-tie bets placed, they are returned.
|Winning Player bet||1 to 1|
|Winning Banker bet||1 to 1 – 5% for the House|
|Winning Tie bet||8 to 1|
Malfunction voids all plays and winnings!